Privacy Notice for Checarda App
Reference Point Ltd (“Reference Point”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, sets out the basis on which Reference Point uses and protects any information that is collected through the use of the [insert product] mobile app (“the app”).
Our Contact Details: Reference Point Limited, Shire House, West Common, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 7QN. Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed for the attention of our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose for processing (how our app works)
Our mobile app allows a person who has downloaded it onto their mobile device (or PC) to access and record key data about holders of compatible smartcards (“cards”). The purpose for which we collect and process your information when you download our app is to enable you to use the app as part of the service we provide to you.
Personal data not covered by this Privacy Notice but stored on your device when Cards are read
This privacy notice does not seek to cover the personal data of Cardholders whose data the app enables you to read using your mobile device or PC. In respect of such personal data, a third party (likely our Customer) is the data controller of that personal data and that third party should make available a separate privacy notice in respect of that Cardholder personal data. That personal data may comprise the Cardholder’s name, photograph and other information.
Information we collect
When you download and use our app we collect the following information in order to provide a complete audit trail of card reads:
• Information about the make and model of your mobile device along with the version of the mobile operating system installed.
• Information about the version of the operating system installed on your PC if you are using the app on your PC.
• The application requires access to your device’s Photo/Media/Files and Storage to temporarily store cardholder data but we do not collect any personal data in this process.
• The application requires access to the device’s camera functionality solely to support the reading of QC codes (held on each card).
• The time that your device reads a card or swipes a card in or out.
• The location/GPS co-ordinate where your mobile device read the card if you consent to this. This is passed to our Vircarda App and used for mapping where a read took place.
We do not require you to record and we do not collect or store any registration data in respect of the app. Accordingly, when you use the app on your device to read a card we are not capable of identifying you using the above information without further information which is not in our possession or control. Therefore, the above personal information does not constitute personal data for data protection and privacy purposes.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that any information we collect is treated securely.
We take steps to protect the information that we receive from you from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we receive, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do what we reasonably can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on the relevant page on App Store, Google Play and on our website.